We are very pleased to announce that we will hold an intensive 3-day in-person session, Interactive Teaching Live Session. In this session, participants will not only deepen the knowledge they have learned in Interactive Teaching but also learn practically through many works such as conducting a mock class, designing a syllabus, and creating a TP/SAP chart.
The information of the event is as follows:
【Coursera “Interactive Teaching” 1st Live Session】
- ・Date and time: September 17th (Sat) 9:00-16:40, 18th (Sun) 9:00-16:00, 19th (Mon) 9:00-17:10 (JST) (+ optional social gathering). Note: please participate all three days.
- ・Format: In-person (The format may be shifted to online depending on COVID-19 circumstances.)
- ・Venue: The University of Tokyo, Hongo Campus (Details will be announced later. )
- ・Instructors: Kayoko Kurita, Wonhwa Park (the University of Tokyo)
- ・Targeted attendees: Those who have completed (or are expected to complete by September 9th, 2022) Interactive Teaching and are able to work on the pre-assignments.
- ・Language: Japanese (English version will be held in due course)
- ・Fee: Free
- ・Capacity: 20 people
- *If the number of applications exceeds the capacity, the selection will be made after the application deadline. The selection will be conducted based on the “Motive for Participation” and “Class Design Sheet (for 6-minute microteaching)” submitted through the application form. Results will be notified on August 26th.
- ・Registration deadline: Wednesday, 17 August 2022 23:59 (JST)
- ・Content: The goal of this session is to acquire practical knowledge and experience applicable to your own classes, through various exercises based on the learning in “Interactive Teaching”. Prior to the session, we would like participants to complete the pre-assignments: preparation of (1) micro-teaching, (2) class design, and (3) text syllabus. (In terms of the class design and text syllabus, those who are not currently teaching will be asked to prepare them, assuming classes they are likely to be in charge of.) Details will be announced at a later date. For the schedule of the session, please click here.
*The English version of the event is under development. We will inform you once the details have been decided. *For this event, we will conduct a satisfaction survey to understand participants’ opinions, to analyze the learning effects for research purposes and to utilize the results for the improvement of our future events. If the survey is to be published as research, it will be statistically processed and made public in consideration of anonymity. We kindly ask for your cooperation. *To participate in this session, you are required to complete the course “Interactive Teaching” by September 9th. If you would like to take the Coursera course, please read the following and enroll (for free). We sincerely look forward to your participation!
＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝ [“Interactive Teaching” Course Description]
- ・How to take the course: Please sign up on Coursera, and you can take the course from the following URL. Interactive Teaching | Coursera
- ・Language of instruction: Japanese/English
- ・Lecturers: Dr. Kayoko Kurita (The University of Tokyo) and others
- ・Fee: Free (An additional fee is necessary for a certificate. ）
- ・Content: The course has eight WEEKs, each comprising three sessions: Knowledge, Skill, and Story. Please refer to Interactive Teaching | Coursera for more details.
- Airi Kawakami (Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, The University of Tokyo)
- E-mail: email@example.com