|Target Audience||Students / Undergraduate Students / Graduate Students / Faculty / Postdocs / New Instructors / General|
|Organizer||Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, The University of Tokyo|
Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, The University of Tokyo is pleased to invite you to our live online event for the Coursera course “Interactive Teaching” to be held in the afternoon of Saturday, August 28th.
The purpose of this live online event is to help you experience things that you cannot do on your own and apply them to your teaching. “Interactive Teaching” is a Coursera course where you can learn at your own pace about the knowledge, skills, and tips on teaching that leads to “interactive learning” among learners that enables them to actively engage in their own learning activities.
For those who are taking or completed the Coursera course “Interactive Teaching,” please further deepen your understanding of the course material. For those who have not yet been enrolled in the course, please take this opportunity to have a glimpse of “Interactive Teaching.”
*If you would like to join the live online event, please register from the following link. Online Live Event “Interactive Teaching” Registration Form (google.com)
We look forward to your participation.
[The Outline of Live Online Event]
• Date and time: Saturday, 28 August 2021 15:00-16:30 (JST)
• Venue: Online Zoom meeting (further details will be announced later)
• Purpose: To experience things that you cannot do on your own and apply them to your teaching
• Instructors: Kayoko Kurita, Lui Yoshida (the University of Tokyo)
• Targeted attendees: People who are engaged in educational practice
• Language: Japanese (English version will be held in due course)
• Registration fee: Free
• Capacity: 100 people
• Registration deadline: Friday, 20 August 2021 23:59 (JST)
• Content: In this event, self-introduction will be conducted as an exercise in how to effectively convey (delivery methods) that cannot be experienced in Coursera Interactive Teaching. Also, through reviewing self-introductions and giving feedback to each other, this event is intended to find perspectives to create a “good self-introduction”. Prior to the event, we would like you to prepare a one-minute self-introduction (regarding your subject or specialization) as a pre-assignment. Details will be announced later.
*The English version of the event is under development. We will inform you once the details have been decided.
*For this event, we will conduct a satisfaction survey to understand participants’ opinions and to analyze the learning effects for research purposes. We kindly ask for your cooperation.
*This event is designed based on the materials of a Coursera course “Interactive Teaching.” If you would like to take the Coursera course, please read the following and enroll (for free).
[“Interactive Teaching” Course Description]
・How to take the course: Please sign up on Coursera, and you can take the course from the following URL. Interactive Teaching | Coursera
・Language of instruction: Japanese/English
・Lecturers: Dr. Kayoko Kurita (The University of Tokyo) and more
・Fee: Free (An additional fee is necessary for a certificate. ）
・Content: The course has eight WEEKs, each comprising three sessions: Knowledge, Skill, and Story. Please refer to Interactive Teaching | Coursera for more details.
Airi Kawakami (Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, The University of Tokyo)